March 22, 2011

Things I Have Been Doing...

Considering I haven't posted anything on my blog for a really long time, I've decided to start again. Think it'll stick this time? For this post, I decided I should go through some of the the life changing events that have take place in the last two years. There have been a lot of changes, and there are more just around the corner. I have learned so much and it amazes me how blessed I truly am. Here is what I have been doing:

1. I started college!
I have now been in school for two years and I am half way done. I have FINALLY completed all my GE's, and I will start into my major classes this fall.

What have I learned since I've started college?
  • School is so hard! I never felt stupid til I came to college. However, it does get better.
  • It's okay to put down the homework and go play!
  • Sometimes staying up all night to study for a test really does work!
  • Sometimes a D is good enough!
2. I got a new job!! I've now been working as a student secretary at BYU in the Fine Art and Communications Dean's Office (quite the name I know) for almost a year. I love my job. Arby's was a great job while I had it, but it was time to move on to something different. The people I work with are amazing and inspiring. I feel so blessed to work in a great environment with people who share the same beliefs that I have.

3. I changed my major! Ever since I was a Sophomore in High School, I wanted to teach Special Education. Those stars haven't exactly aligned for me, and I am starting to understand why. I love working with individuals with disabilities, but I do not want to be a teacher. I am now going into Therapeutic Recreation, and the more I look into it, the more confident I am that this is where I belong!

4. One of the greatest men I have ever known passed away. My dear Bampa passed away after a long hard battle. I must say that this was one of the most difficult things I have ever experienced, and sometimes it is still difficult. There are just some people in life that touch you in ways that no one else can, and that teach you lessons that you will carry forever my Grandpa is just one of those people. I do not know a single person who has met him that hasn't been touched in some way by his kindness, stubbornness, and firm dedication to be a good man.

What did my Bampa teach me?
  • "It'll never hurt you to do a little bit more to make life a little easier for someone else."
  • You always need to bring a snack to church
  • A little patience goes a long way
  • There is never a reason to yell
  • It's okay to let a man do a man's job
  • Family is more important than anything
  • Never do anything that will make you less beautiful then you are today
  • Stay close to the Savior, he's the only way through
  • And so so much more...
5. A girl can survive a mission! For those of you who don't know, I sent a boy on a mission...actually he sent himself and I've just waited. Sometimes not so patiently, and with a lot of help from his family and my amazing friend Kristin.


Erik has an amazing family!! They have totally taken me under their wing and let me become a part of the family. I have gone to birthday parties, holiday parties, and even on family vacations with these people! They are a hoot, and I don't really think I could've done this without them. The best part of the whole situation is even if Erik and I don't end up working out, we have come to an agreement that I am now a part of the family and that's all there is to it! I think that is what really shows the kind of people they are.


Kristin, oh man, this girl has listened to me talk more about Erik than anyone else I know. I met her right after Erik left, and we have been best of friends since. I don't think I could ever thank her enough for listening to me tell stories about what we did before he left over and over again, or stories about what he is doing on his mission, or stories about what I hope will happen when he comes home. This girl knows so much about Erik, and she has yet to meet him in person! I'm just waiting to see if I've actually described him well enough for her to not be surprised by him. We will see.

Anyways, I have 2 more weeks, and he will be home! What have I learned since Erik left?
  • Two years goes faster than one can even imagine!
  • Sometimes all one can do is rely on the Savior and trust that whatever His will is, no matter what it may be, is what is supposed to be
  • Writing letters is hard, I am so grateful for email!
  • We are blessed when we do what is right
  • Just because someone is 4000 miles away, for two years, does not mean you stop caring
  • I really can take care of myself sometimes
  • And so so much more...

6. I bought a car!!! My beautiful, wonderful, fantastic Chevy Cobalt!!! Oh I love this car so much! I don't so much like the payment...but I love having a car I can take anywhere, and not worry about it breaking down on me. I can't believe I am old enough to pretend I'm responsible enough for something like a car payment, but I did it! It was one of the best decisions I've made, and there is nothing like have a reliable car around!


These are just a few of the many things that have happened to me in the last couple years! I will be updating my blog more often now! Feel free to stay tuned!

-Tava

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I hope you do continue to update your blog often. You learn more through a blog then through facebook. I hope everything goes well with Erik coming home good luck girl. :)