May 27, 2014

Baby Oh Baby!!

We are having a BABY!! Most of you already know this to be the case, but it is a surreal feeling that leaves me feeling terrified and excited all at the same time.  Sometimes I feel like I have been pregnant forever already, and other times I feel like my pregnancy is going by far too quickly.  I imagine that's the way the rest of my life will be with this child of mine...exciting and terrifying!

(At our 9 week ultrasound)

We found out we were pregnant on March 12!   It was pretty exciting because we found out I was pregnant for Erik's birthday (March 18), and we will have the baby around my birthday (Nov. 17).  Our official due date is currently Nov. 11 which means I am at 16 weeks right now.

What most of you don't know is that Erik and I already know what we are having!  I am an impatient person and we decided to go to The Fetal Studio in the South Towne Center in Sandy.  Turns out that:

Little Baby Schollenberger is a BOY!! 

I am thrilled!  Terrified, but thrilled! We have loved listening to his little heart beat and seeing him on the ultrasound.  He appears to be sucking his thumb at every ultrasound we have had (even at 9 weeks he had his little hand by his face).  I fall more in love with him every day and I haven't even felt him move yet!

(At 15 weeks, 5 days)

I know so very little about boys that I feel less prepared to raise a boy than I felt to raise a girl.  Yet ever since finding out it is a boy I have become more and more comforted that this is right for Erik and I.

(Sucking his thumb, how can you not fall in love with that cuteness?)

Babies truly are miracles sent from heaven, and I am so overwhelmed that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with one of his little spirit children.  I feel blessed and excited for this opportunity and look forward to all the coming adventures!

No comments: